The Talon 60 is well suited for SMALL SCALE OR AEROBATIC HELIS ranging from 360-450 size requiring up to 1400 watts on 6S. This ESC offers Castle’s industry-leading helicopter functions, such as the remarkable direct entry governor mode. Simply type in the desired RPM using a Castle Link USB adapter (redeemable coupon enclosed with purchase) and the free Castle Link Programming Suite running on a Windows ™ PC.
The compact layout and slim profile of the Talon 60 is also perfect for SCALE, SPORT and AEROBATIC PLANES in the .32 - .60 range requiring up to 1400 watts on 6S. Mounting the Talon 60 is simple and stress-free in any setup.
The Talon series ESCs are known for sporting heavy-duty BEC’s designed for today’s servos. The Talon 60 is no exception. With its 20 AMP PEAK POWER and 8 AMPS OF CONTINUOUS POWER, it will keep even the most draining servos at ease.
For nearly 20 years Castle engineers have been setting the bar for industry-leading software functionality. The Castle Link Programming Suite is the ticket to creating the perfect setup. Gaining access to the host of tuning parameters, including free firmware updates and added feature sets, requires only the Castle Link USB adapter (redeemable coupon enclosed with purchase) and the free Castle Link software on your Windows ™ PC. Users can then fine tune many variables to enhance their level of expertise.
Power System Alerts
The Talon ESCs are programmed to sound a number of tunes and codes using the motor as well as flashing LED patterns to alert users to certain conditions regarding their power system, such as over temperature, excessive load and locked head speed.
Telemetry has the potential not only to improve the safety of our models by monitoring battery voltages, ESC temperature, and other critical parameters, but it also creates other opportunities to get even more fun out of flying because you’ve essentially reduced the risks of “unknown” inevitable crashes. Think of the benefits to be had from alarms that will sound to warn you when there's interference about or if your receiver battery is running unexpectedly low. Requires purchase of Castle Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 (Item # 010-0152-00) and compatible Futaba Radio or Castle Telemetry Link for X-BUS (Item# 010-0148-00) and a compatible Spektrum Radio.
- Telemetry capable
- Internal BEC
- Suitable for small scale or aerobatic helis, and scale, sport and aerobatic planes
- Input Voltage Range:
- MIN: 2S LiPo
MAX: 6S LiPo
- Max Continuous Amperage at full throttle:
- 60 amps*
- Max Voltage:
- BEC Voltage:
- User selectable choice of 6 or 8 volt output (default is 6V).
- BEC Output:
- 20 amp peak** , 8 amp continuous
- Width: 1.19" (30.2mm)
Length: 2.56" (65mm)
Depth: 0.41" (10.6mm)
- Weight :
- 2.05 oz. (57 g) with wires
- Items Needed for Operation:
- Battery and Motor connectors sold separately.
- Tools needed for installation:
- Soldering iron for attaching High Current bullet connectors to ESC, motor, and battery. (Deans Ultra Plugs, EC5 or Castle Polarized 4mm or 6.5mm)
- Application Guidelines:
- SMALL SCALE OR AEROBATIC HELIS ranging from 360-450 size requiring up to 1400 watts on 6S and SCALE, SPORT and AEROBATIC PLANES in the .32 -. 60 range requiring up to 1400 watts on 6S.
- Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free Castle Link adapter included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software. (A small subset of the settings available through Castle Link Windows software can be accessed via manual programming through the transmitter stick.)
- Telemetry Link Capable: